Re: Proposed new scheme for resolving the system hostname

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 05:50:42PM +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:

> I get an error message from sudo even though I have
>
>     Defaults !fqdn
>
> in /etc/sudoers.  If I change this to
>
>     Defaults fqdn
>
> then I get the error message twice.

I'm not familiar with sudo's code but at the first glance it seems that
all calls to gethostbyname() are protected by the FQDN flag. One
possibility I can think of is that the config file is parsed _after_ the
first hostname check but I do not have enough time to check that.

If you have time you could rebuild sudo without the "--with-fqdn"
option; if that eliminates the error message, then indeed the
configuration file is parsed too late.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences,
     Laboratory of Parallel and Distributed Systems
     Address   : H-1132 Budapest Victor Hugo u. 18-22. Hungary
     Phone/Fax : +36 1 329-78-64 (secretary)
     W3        : http://www.lpds.sztaki.hu