Re: sarge netinstall and pcmcia-cs (CL6729)

On 5/24/05, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Dot Deb wrote:
> > I've an old laptop with a CL 6729 pcmcia bridge that is not supported
> > by the kernel pcmcia shipped with the sarge netinstall.
> >
> > Does anybody know if there is a flavour of the debian netinstall with
> > pcmcia compiled as external module (not yenta_socket)?
>
> Nope, does not exist. Have you tried the i82365 module?

yes, tried unsuccessfully.
in fact is the installation system that tries by itself.
but i already exeprimented that the kernel support for pcmcia does not work
for the CL 6729 bridge while the "external" support works fine.

i also tried to understand how to hack the netinstall, but without chance.
is there any _simple_ HOWTO?
a.