Re: Please add a british task to tasksel

On 18/04/05 06:18, Christian Perrier wrote:
Package: tasksel
Severity: wishlist

(Bcc'ed to submit@b.d.o to create a new bug report)

>Kostas, you maybe could already put what's needed in l-c for correct X
>keyboard settings when the locale is en_GB : pc105 and not pc104....

Ok, perhaps it could also install ISpell ibritish package instead of
iamerican too? (If they are necessary that is, they seem to only be in stable
for some reason, ar they being phased out?.)

wamerican seems to get installed as well unncessariliy, I did not select
any American things at any point.

Also kde-i18n-engb package, which was not installed even though i
selected British English from the install.

This does not pertain to localization-config but rather to tasksel.

Well, I think that a "british" task could be suggested to
tasksel.

Currently, from "J."'s suggestion, this task would include:

wbritish
kde-i18n-engb

Any other suggestion from our contributors from UK?

I think wbritish is deprecated? it does not seem to be in testing.

ibritish (sic) could be added to the list.

I think there could be scope for revising the name of packages. I think
ispell_en would be better, or ispell_enGB

separate packages (myspell-*, openoffice.org-hyphenation-*,
openoffice.org-thesaurus-*, openoffice.org-help-*)

There are other packages which are not named correctly at present:

http://packages.debian.org/testing/editors/openoffice.org-l10n-en

en is the language suffix for English, in this case it has been taken by
a different country which has chosen to addopt a modified version of
English.  This is also common in Europe, for instance: fr_BE and de_CH
locales, two countries which have use another countries language for
historical reasons.

Kind regards
JG
--