Re: Gtk fe complete X testcase

Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
Hi

i've tried to build an X testcase for the debian-installer, mainly to allow people without another pc to use as X server to test the frontend and to try adding localization. This represents no attempt to build something official to be integrated in debian (hope we'll soon switch to DFB) , but just a prototype of the gtk frontend i prepared for my thesis. Be aware that, even if for me it works well, this is just a dirty modification of anaconda X environment tweaked for the debian-installer and since i'm not an X expert at all, so no guarantee it's stable/reliable!

download it from

http://www.swer.it/~attilio.fiandrotti/gtkx/d-i_xsrv.tar.bz

I suppose this is i386 binary code, or is it not?
Can't run it here (ppc arch) if is i386 code.

The frontend compiled in this package is

r27536 | joeyh | 2005-05-13 16:57:27 +0200 (ven, 13 mag 2005) | 2 lines

in svn repository; successive versions segfault (still to understand why);

PS: I have some notes on what are the current problems of the GTK frontend and why it has stalled. Do yo want them?

--
Regards,
EddyP