Re: GTK fe: some toughts, some questions

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 09:22:23PM +0200, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> for sure you can build a complete X environment from the normal XFree,
> and it's not difficult to make it work; anyway dealing with localization
> etc etc is more complex so i've just grabbed anaconda X env and tomorrow
> i'm gonna tweak it to see if it can be adapted to the debian installer
> and then test the gtk frontend on a locale x server.

Well, I'm just wondering if we could leverage the work that's already being
done on Debian's normal X packages for use in this case. Anyhow, keep doing
what you're doing (since I'm too busy to work on X.org udebs right now) but
perhaps in the future we could build the d-i X server out of the normal
Debian X packages.

 - David Nusinow