Re: Can't boot floppy on PowerMac G3

--- Holger Levsen <debian@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> You need a combined file with kernel and initrd,
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status
Ah, I figured those might be significant. Now it downloads the
image fine and loads the .text section, but spits out a DEFAULT
CLAIM error as soon as it starts to load the .data section. I've
tried mucking about with real-base and load-base to no effect.

I see on the status page that CD booting should work on old
world now--is there any documentation on that? Despite the media
bay ATAPI interface being listed in the device aliases, I can't
get a directory listing on it in OFW and "boot cdrom:" just
boots macos off the hard drive. I presume the yaboot
instructions in the installer manual aren't applicable.