installer for multi-language installations

Hi!

I am sorry for my ignorance about the functions of tasksel and I should have read more before I speak. I found out that tasksel actually has the localization and desktop environment tasks specific for each language although these tasks do not show up because they are screened by the test-lang function, which ONLY allow the task in the language of installation to show up. The intention is good since it doesn't want to confuse people with too many options. However this makes multi-lang installations very difficult.

Therefore is it a good idea to change the installer sequence a bit:
- first run dpkg-reconfigure locales and let users to select locales to be installed - then change the test-lang program so that it allows ALL of the localization / desktop tasks belonging to the locales chosen in dpkg-reconfigure locales, rather than just the language used during installation to shop up on tasksel screen

Also, ttf2pt1, ttf2pt1-chinese and ttfprint are needed for printing of asian fonts as well, but they are not included in the Chinese tasks, therefore would you please add them to the simplified as well as traditional Chinese localization environment tasks?

Thanks

Tony

Become a fitness fanatic @  http://xtramsn.co.nz/health