Re: installing the nic card

On Sunday 03 April 2005 22:58, T L wrote:
> I am using the "How to install Debian Linus Woody 3.0" tutitorial and
> am having some issues with the initial installation.  Every thing seems
> to work fine but the nic card.  I purchased an Airlink PCI Fast
> Ethernet Adapter that says on the package that it works with linux but
> I can't get access to the internet.  I can ping the nic card but not my
> router.  Can someone please help.  I am not familiar with linux and
> want to set up a linux server on my network so that I can experiment
> with it.

That is probably because only later kernels than the one used during
installation of Woody support it. Also, the Woody installation did not
have very advanced hardware detection.

I would suggest you try the new RC3 release of the Debian Installer which
is the one that will be released with Sarge.
You can find images and documentation from [1].

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

If you really want to install Woody, I have to refer you to the
debian-user mailing list as this list does not support Woody
installations.

Cheers,
FJP