Re: installation of locales (particularly CJK locales) by the installer / tasksel

On Κυριακή 03 Απρίλιος 2005 09:43, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > manually treak the configuration files (such as firefox) so that
> > it can look up the correct fonts and print Chinese correctly)
>
> This should be discueed with the localization-config package
> maintainer. But firefox is not installed by default.
>
> > manually treak the X windows configuration files so that it is
> > aware of the existance of SCIM
>
> Obviously belongs to localization-config as long as the related
> packages are installed by tasksel.

FWIW, there is still time to do this, if you tell me the configuration
options needed for X, I plan to do a l-c upload soon with some bug
fixes, and I'd be happy to have these locales supported as well.

Tony, I'd like the following info from you:

console keymaps (for CJK, if available)
locales used (please make as full a list as possible)
Xkb options (namely, XkbRules, XkbLayout, XkbModel, XkbOptions,
XkbVariant)
configurations for GNOME/KDE (what is needed in the kderc for example)
Mozilla, Firefox configuration files options (I could do that, if only
for CJK setups, because at least Firefox is automatically localized
now)
I can also do fontconfig post configuration in /etc/fonts/local.conf
(which I already do for greek).
What else would you like to see?

Regards
Konstantinos