Re: Help on development of a gtk frontend for the debian-installer

Quoting attilio (fiandro@tiscalinet.it):
> Hi everyone
>
> i'm a computer science student at the polithecnic of turin and i'm
> working an the gtk frontend for the debian installer for my thesis.
> I'm now working on the gtk.c available via svn and managed to make the
> back/forward mechanism work by maipulating the question list before the
> gtk_go() returns (actually, if the question lists is truncated after the
> first question before returning frm gtk_go everything seems to work fine
> for some further steps).
> however the frontend works correctly only occasionally and i need some
> information about the frontend interface and especially about what to do
> with the question list passed to gtk_go.
> Shall i let it as it is before returning  from gtk_go (but this way
> cdebconf crashes!), shall i truncate the list after the first element (
> by setting q->next=NULL before returning ) or what else?
> I would apeciate very much any little help!

You probably need to sync with Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org...but
he listens here of course) who is, as far as I can remember, the one
working on a graphical interface for the installer.

As far as I can tell, Colin first made early work in cdebconf up to
now, to prepare it for the graphical interface. I haven't seen much
activity in last weeks, mostly because of his involvment in the
release team, which probably has lowered this topic in his
priorities...

We probably can expect more energy put in this after sarge release as
the main focus of the d-i team will now be keeping D-I ready for a
release.

But, anyway, this certainly does not prevent some work to occur....and
new resources are always welcomed, indeed...:)