boot problems

I recently download debian woody 3.0 DVD image. I want to install it on my
TOSHIBA M30X-113 but I have a problem: if I try to install using 'linux', 'bf24'
or 'compact' options my system can't begin the installation and the screen fall
into the dark.
So I try 'vanilla' way... the base installation ends succesfully.
Now I have package problems, X window system doesn't work.

My DVD reader is a MATSHITA DVD-RAM, the video card is an ATI Mobility Radeon.

During installation the system say me is enable to find 'modprobe dependecies'

Thanks

Navighi a 2 MEGA e i primi 3 mesi sono GRATIS.
Scegli Libero Adsl Flat senza limiti su http://www.libero.it