Re: debian-installer sarge does not select appropriate AthlonXP (kt7) kernel

On Sunday 20 March 2005 19:59, J. Grant wrote:
> I ended up with an i386 kernel, I had hoped the installer would pick an
> optimal kernel for my CPU (AthlonXP aka kt7).

If you used the netinst CD to install Sarge, this is normal as the i386
kernel is the only kernel available on that CD. If you had used any other
installation method, the correct kernel would probably (should) have been
selected.

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. An installation report [1] would have been the preferred method to
give your feedback. That would have given us some basic info about your
system and installation.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template