Re: 3 days until end of test period

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 11:36, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Op ma, 14-03-2005 te 22:00 -0500, schreef Joey Hess:
> > Just a reminder that we have (less than) three days until the end of the
> > test period of the pre-rc3 images. Thanks to everyone who has tested and
> > helped fill out the release-checklist. I do see a few holes yet to be
> > filled in, notably we lack any results for powerpc, mips, mipsel and m68k.
>
> I'll try to do one run on mac68k tomorrow.

I've just finished installing businesscard-powerpc on a Beige G3
(OldWorld) machine.  Worked swimmingly with both the 2.4 and 2.6
kernels.

The only difficulty I had is that it tried to install quik and failed
because I didn't create any boot partition -- because I prefer to use
MacOS-9 with BootX as my boot loader.  So for me, quik is unnecessary
and undesirable.  I wish there were a more graceful way of telling the
installer that I don't want quik, but allowing it to try and fail does
the job, albeit messily.  It's certainly not worth holding up the
release over.

Rick