Re: Q: Debian Installer Preseed File Changes?

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 08:23:55PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 March 2005 20:09, Michael S. Peek wrote:
> > In what direction is Debian moving with regards to installation
> > automation? Will future Debian releases support some kind of automatic
> > mechanism like preseed files, or just sid?
>
> Very far :-)
> There still is file- and network-preseeding support in Sarge images.
>
> The option for initrd preseeding was added very late and not considered
> ready for Sarge. It will stay in daily builds from Sarge and will be part
> of a release after Sarge.

If you are building your own initrd, you can preseed by including a
manually-created /var/lib/cdebconf/questions.dat.  I can't guarantee that
this still works as I haven't tried it since November 2004, but it had
certainly worked from March 2004 until then.

--
Martin Orr
Linux Administrator,