Re: 3 days until end of test period

Hi,

sorry for not speaking up earlier. I was busy with RL and hoped that someone
else might test ppc.

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 04:00, Joey Hess wrote:
> Just a reminder that we have (less than) three days until the end of the
> test period of the pre-rc3 images. Thanks to everyone who has tested and
> helped fill out the release-checklist. I do see a few holes yet to be
> filled in, notably we lack any results for powerpc, mips, mipsel and m68k.

I can test powerpc (oldworld (lowmen), and pegasos2 if needed, but no
newworld) tomorrow.

I guess
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/installer-powerpc/20050305/images/powerpc/floppy*
won't work because of the miboot problem.

And AFAIK http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/2005-03-05/ only
contains sid but no rc3 builds ?!

So I'll have to checkout rc3 (*) and build rc3-floppies myself ?

*: with "svn co svn://svn.d-i.alioth.debian.org/svn/d-i/tags/d-i/rc3
debian-installer" ?

> Other than details like a release announcement I think that's all that
> remains for rc3! :-)

There will be some small changes needed to the port-status page regarding
powerpc. (And s/rc/rc3/ as well :)

And Sven (*) should put some rc3 miboot-images on people.debian.org/~luther/

regards,
 Holger

*: Sven, sorry for cc:ing you - I hope this way you might read this earlier :)