RE : RE : GRUB fails on HP DL360 G4: "could not read stage1 correctly"

Hi Frans,

I finally succeeded in installing Debian Sarge but i still have a problems. I have made 4 install tests

1- boot with linux, put my / (reiserfs) and /boot (ext3) on 2 primary partitions: the install succeeds

2- boot with linux, put my / (reiserfs) and /boot (ext3) on 2 primary partitions + add a 595 GB PV with LVM2: 8 PV from 1G to 500 GB: the install succeeds

3- boot with linux26, put my / (reiserfs) and /boot (ext3) on 2 primary partitions: the install succeeds

4- boot with linux26, put my / (reiserfs) and /boot (ext3) on 2 primary partitions + add a 595 GB PV with LVM2: 8 PV from 1G to 500 GB: the install fails using grub or lilo (same error than previous).

So my question is: can my problem come from REISERFS ?? (open question), KERNEL2.6 using  LVM2 ? Any idea about debugging this?

It could be nice to specify the PE size inside the partitionner of debian installer in expert mode because the PE size fix the max size for LVM LV.

Thanks for support, cheers,

David LIMA
Professional Services
www.scc.com