Re: Will uploading a new dhcp3 adversely impact on d-i?

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 11:33:57PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 06:10:39PM +1100, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > I've received the blessing of the dhcp3 maintainers to perform an NMU
> > (primarily aimed at fixing some bugs in dhcp3-client).
>
> > I just wanted to check before I prepare a new upload, that I'm not going to
> > adversely affect d-i.
>
> The deadline for udeb fixes for d-i RC3 to be uploaded to unstable is
> February 28 -- today.  If your NMU doesn't make it into the archive by
> dinstall today, this dhcp3 upload will have to be blocked from testing to
> avoid version skew between the udebs and the debs.

Bugger. There's a few annoying bugs in dhcp3-client that I would have liked
to have seen fixed in Sarge. Curses for not piping up earlier.

The tight linkage between the installer and the distribution is a bit too...
tight.

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://linux.conf.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux
April 18th to 23rd   -  http://linux.conf.au/  -       LINUX