Re: Automated PXE-installations -- problems with timezone and keyboard layout

On Thursday 24 February 2005 17:04, Mika S Marjamäki wrote:
> For some reason the number of kernel parameters (in
> pxelinux.cfg/default on the TFTP-server) is limited to 8, and for some
> even more odd reason d-i wants those parameters from kernel. BUT,
> PXE-stuff etc. eat all the available kernel parameter space and I
> cannot pass
> "countrychooser/shortlist=FI console-keymaps-at/keymap=fi" to the
> kernel which means that keyboard layout and timezone are wrong after
> installation.

Did you notice the comment below in the example preconfig file? You may be
able to drop some of the parameters that are used by default, thereby
making room for the ones you need to preseed the keyboard.

# Note that the kernel accepts a maximum of 8 command line options and
# 8 environment options (including any options added by default for the
# installer). If these numbers are exceeded, 2.4 kernels will drop any
# excess options and 2.6 kernels will panic.
# Some of the default options, like 'vga=normal' and 'devfs=mount' may be
# safely removed for most installations, which may allow you to add more
# options for preseeding.

Cheers,
FJP