Re: System hangs while installing Version 3.3

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 17:34, Sunil Bhave wrote:
> System Coniguration :
> Pentium 4, 512 mb RAM, 80 GB harddisk...so I dont have
> limited resource issues.
>
> Have tried the default, vanilla and compact options
> With the same result...

You speak of "version 3.3", but that is a version that does not exist.
It does look like you are trying to install Debian using the installation
system for Woody. It also looks like you have fairly recent hardware.

Please try the new installation system for Sarge [1] instead. That should
have better support for your hardware.
If default installation does not work, try installaing with the 2.6 kernel
(boot the installer with 'linux26').

If you still have problems after that, you should file an installation
report [2].

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
[2] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template

Cheers,