System hangs while installing Version 3.3

System Coniguration :
Pentium 4, 512 mb RAM, 80 GB harddisk...so I dont have
limited resource issues.

Have tried the default, vanilla and compact options
With the same result...

The list of messages which show up are as follows,
with only the last few lines listed here..

PCI_IDE : unknown IDE controller on PCI bus 00 device
f0 VID=8086, DID=266f
        : not 100% native mode, will probe IRQs later.
        ide0 : BM-DMA at 0xffa0-0xffa7, BIOS settings
hda :DMA, hdb:pio
        ide1 : BM-DMA at 0xffa8-0xffaf hdc:pio, hdd :
pio
PCI_IDE : unknown IDE controller on PCI bus 00 device
fa
PCI_IDE : 100% native mode on irq 10
         ide2 : BM-DMA at 0xd800-Qxd807, BIOS settings
hde:DMA, hdf : pio, hdg:pio, hdh:pio
hda:TSSTcorpCD-R/RW DRIVE TSH292A, ATAPI CDRom drive
hde: ST380817AS, ATA disk drive
ide at0x1fQ-Qx1f7, 0x3f6 on irq 14

<Thats it, nothing further after this>

Please let me know if any further info is required

BTW, PnP is set to 'Off' in the BIOS.
Thanks
-b