Re: new debian-cd release needed for sarge (tasks/d-i doubt)

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 08:04:41PM +0100, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
>[getting the new version of debian-cd for sarge ready]
>> OK, I'll hang back then. I had a build ready earlier today and I've
>> been testing it for the last few hours, but there's no point in
>> doing two releases when one will do. Let me know when you're done and
>> I'll update and build again.
>
>I'm going to commit now the debian-installer+kernel task, but I don't know
>what to do about the debian-installer task, I mean, I can commit the one
>that uses the debian-installer packages that we currently have in sarge or
>the ones that we have in sid, and I don't know which one will look better
>looking to the release.
>
>I have left a copy of both sarge and sid versions of the debian-installer
>task at http://people.debian.org/~manty/tasks so that somebody with more
>knowledge on debian-installer can have a look at them and commit the right
>stuff.

Manty and I have discussed this more on IRC and he's mentioned that
Joey is hoping d-i RC3 will happen soon. At the moment things seem to
be a little up in the air, so I'm planning to hang back on a debian-cd
packages release until RC3 is ready and we have a complete picture of
the changes needed in the tasks.

Joey, if this is not OK for you let me know and we can talk about this
more...

If we do want to release before RC3, there are some possible
choices. Currently what is tagged in CVS as debian-cd_2_2_21 is the
package I tested and had ready for release yesterday. Another option
would be to take some (or all) of the changes Manty checked in
yesterday.

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Dasmohapatra