Re: Install Debian 'Manually'?

Il giorno ven, 18-02-2005 alle 14:18 +0100, Christoph Kobe ha scritto:
[...]
> I now need to install a minimal system I think. What would be a good way
> to do that? I have Internet connection available but the paths are not
> correct, since the root '/' is mounted on '/mnt/sda1' because I'm still
> booting from the knoppix cd.

You may create your filesystem, mount it as /target, and install a
minimal system using the dbootstrap command. After you did it, just
issue che command 'chroot /target' in order to switch to the new system.
then, you have to mount /proc, create your own /etc/fstab, install your
kernel, install a boot loader debian package, install the boot loader in
your mbr, reboot.

Once you rebooted you still need to configure the complete system:
network, hostname, apt sources, language, keyboard, ...

HTH,
Giuseppe