Re: d-i and popcon

martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> [2005.01.31.1155 +0100]:
> > Here's a possible solution although I'm not completely sure it's feasible.
> >
> > - Create a 'popcon' task containing only popcon
> > - Make tasksel install this popcon task by default
> >   (using same mechanism as used for language tasks)
>
> Will we get any comments on this proposal, or is it just silently
> ignored?

Well I'm not making any task changes for sarge at this point.

> I think it is very important to install popcon by default. Moreover,
> the switch to the new tasksel broke existing software, which would
> be a critical bug on any Debian system. Why is it tolerated during
> d-i development?

Because you sometimes have to take one step backward to take ten
forward. The new tasksel allowed for little, critical features such as
preseeding.

Also because your "breaks critical software" line of argument is bogus
of course.

--
see shy jo