Re: irc meeting regarding kernel status d-i RC3

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 05:20:56PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Matthew Wilcox]
> > I will not subject myself to the whims of Rob Levin.
>
> Why do you believe others are interested in your conflict with some
> (to me at least) unknown person Rob Levin?

He runs Freenode.  "whois freenode.net.  I thought it better to allude
to the reason for not being willing to use irc.debian.org rather than
reiterate all the problems.  If you care for the details, send me a
private email.

> If you wanted to be constructive, you might have suggested an
> alternative network, and provided some explanation of the positive
> features of this alternative network.  It would have made me at least
> view your email in a better light.

I have in the past suggested alternative IRC networks.  One such would
be OFTC, a network that is also under the SPI umbrella.  I'm open to
other suggestions, but Feenode is unacceptable to me.