Re: d-i and popcon

Bill Allombert wrote:
> Hello Debian-installer developers,
>
> I am one of the popularity-contest maintainer.
>
> debian-installer used to force the installation of popularity-contest.
> Apparently, this was disabled in -rc2. Is it correct ?
>
> Do you plan to reinstate it for -rc3 ?

The code that queued popcon for installation (using dpkg
--set-selections) stopped working when tasksel was rewritten this
summer. Re-adding popcon at this point might break existing automatic
installs using preseeding because of the added question, could make some
language's translation stats slip, and would need it to be added to the
netinst CD. Right now I'm planning on re-adding it only after sarge is
released.

--
see shy jo