Re: Question on getting the right udebs when building d-i

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 01:38:20AM -0500, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
> I've been trying to build d-i and get the associated udebs.  I can
> successfully build now that I have reinstalled my system (which I
> screwed up by doing things wrong before), but the install process fails,
> and investigation reveals that (at least) the partman udebs are not in
> build/apt.udeb or build/udebs which tells me that they are not being
> downloaded.  If I understand correctly the udebs required should be in
> pkg-lists/* but partman isn't there (in rc2 anyway).

That's OK; with the exception of monolithic builds, partman is retrieved
from the archive at run time. Not all of d-i goes into the initrd.

> All I have been doing is
> make all_build
>
> with sources.list.udeb.local set to point to unstable

That's OK, but will get you the current daily rather than rc2.

> Am I missing a step, or doing something wrong, the process for
> downloading udebs not up-to-date, or something else?

If you're using the cdrom initrd, perhaps you haven't constructed a CD
with all the udebs to go with it in the form of an archive? debian-cd is
what does this in Debian, although it's complicated to operate.

Cheers,