Re: network-console preseeding

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 17:58, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I want to create a automated netboot installation that allows
> to continue installation over SSH. So I was told on #debian-boot to
> preseed like this:
>
> d-i  anna/choose_modules  multiselect  network-console

AFAIK you will need to preseed the full title:
d-i anna/choose_modules multiselect network-console: Provides a console
via ssh

> So, I'm wondering two things:
> 1.  does the same apply if I use preseeding with
> preseed/file=/hd-media... ?

Changing the installation method may work. AFAIKT it should work if you
can use the CD's (and probably also hd-media) with file or initrd
preseeding.
I managed to make it work by making a custom netboot image that includes
the network-console udeb.

> 2.  I was also told that initrd-preseed
> works in trunk now - is it likely to be included in rc3 ? ("no" as an
> answer is (ok, almost...) as fine as "yes", I do understand why...)

Well, the answer has to be 'no'.