Re: howto netboot powerpc

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 01:58:05PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > On which kind of powerpc ? It is different on each one, but i will try to
> > contribute some stuff for the pegasos case which is of interest to you i
> > think.
>
> I'm specifically trying to get pegasos to work, but generally interested
> in making sure that most or all powerpc users have the info in the
> manual or a pointer to a place that it is documented.

We need to add it to the manual. Stuff is complicated by the fact that there
are various different subarches which do it differently :

   newworld pmacs

   oldworld pmacs (maybe, not sure, maybe same as newworld ones).

   IBM rs6k chrp boxes

   prep boxes

   pegasos machines

I can provide the pegasos stuff, and now that i have a prep box, maybe also
the prep stuff, which may be in some way similar to the IBM rs6k stuff. Colin
can (or did) provide the newworld stuff.

Friendly,

Sven Luther