Re: Desktop task broken on !(i386/powerpc)

Petter Reinholdtsen schrieb am Sonntag, 02. Januar 2005 um 12:17:33 +0100:
> [Sven Luther]
> > I think the real solution to this recuring problem is to split the
> > dekstop patch into a "just X", "gnome" and "KDE" task. This is much
> > more friendlier to our non-broadband users, and it makes the task
> > stuff actually usable. As it stands, we could as well not show it.
>
> Personally, I use both KDE, Gnome and "just X" programs.  Why do you
> believe a desktop user want to limit herself to only one of these
> classes of programs?

Because the user is aware of what he wants to use and does not need the
other part of the world.

i.e I prefer Gnome, and I don't need any KDE-Software. On Installation I
have the choice to bloat my hard disk with tons of software I'll never
use or select the packages manually within aptitude.
Both choices need much more time than just having tree subtasks of "Desktop":

[ ] Desktop

--
Jörg Friedrich

There are only 10 types of people:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.