Re: state of d-i sarge: broken

Am Saturday 03 July 2004 21:14 schrieb Geert Stappers:
> On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 02:29:55PM +0200, C. Gatzemeier wrote:

> > If it would be possible to provide daily PXE or Etherboot d-i images that
> > might help. People could let their boot servers serve up those and
> > quickly test most functionality on garden variety hardware.
>
> A visit to http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status
> and some clicks got me to
>  http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/netboot/
>
> Is that what you proposed?

Hey thanks a lot!
Those already are exactly the d-i files I had in mind. I was additionally
thinking if those could be made available by tftp publicly, it would be a
snap setting up the local dhcp server to point to those (or to the PXE
bootloader for PXE capable clients respectively).

It is especially easy for people with cable/dsl routers to temporarily put an
URL for the PXE bootloader into their routers webinterface to install and
test debian without the need to write any static bootmedia.

People without webinterfaced routers could follow the dhcpd instructions on
http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianInstallerNetbootPXE
or even a script maybe.

Cheers
Christian