Re: irc meeting July 6th

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 12:25:31PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Christian has sheduled another irc meeting for us at July 6th 20:00UTC
> on #debian-boot. I guess this is good scheduling for at least US folks
> as many of us will be on a long weekend from the 4th of July. Apologies
> to the Aussies and Japanese who face another early morning meeting.
>
> The main thing to discuss will probably be plans for a release, I think
> it's important we talk this out and decide whether to try to use the
> current stuff in sarge or go back to old release methods. We also need
> to talk about the s390 port, which is nearly working, and still need to
> find something to do about the broken m68k images problem, and the
> problem of mips installs needing more memory.

One thing i would like to have discussed is the future of 2.6 d-i on
powerpc (well on others too if there is interest). I am in a tentative
course to make 2.6 the default on powerpc for sarge (especially as
preparing a 2.4.26 package seems more complicated that it should), and
this means that it would be good to have d-i running on 2.6 also at
least for powerpc, and letting the older 2.4 packages as a non-default
alternative, but since Colin tells me that tc1 is currently broken for
2.6 because of some busybox-cvs bug ...

Friendly,

Sven Luther