Re: Base system installation error

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 07:15:55PM +0100, Johannes Behr said
> On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 19:02, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Johannes Behr wrote:
> > > OK, works better --- but still not through.
> > >
> > > boot, network/DHCP setup, loading of installer components from
> > > a mirror works.
> > >
> > > The hardware-detection process does not hang. Good.
> >
> > For netboot installs, you currently must tell it to install unstable.
>
> Unstable? I try to install a 'testing/sarge' system. How to I get
> back to testing from unstable?

You can't, really.  Well, you probably can, but it's long and tedious
and might not work.

> > Otherwise it does not find kernel modules for things like hard drives.
>
> ok, what can I do.
>
> Is there _any_ method to get a sarge system back on my notebook.

Install woody, dist-upgrade to sarge.  Or debootstrap from knoppix.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:                22nd SAS 9705 Samford Road White House Firefly