Re: Partitioning schemes for partman-auto

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 07:06:13PM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:

> Name: Separate home directories (future installations can preserve users data)
>
>        Minimal Typical Maximal
> /      300Mb   3Gb     7Gb
> /home  100Mb   10Gb    1000Gb
> swap   64Mb    400%    512Mb

IME, the "typical" and "maximal" settings here are weighted too heavily
towards the /home partition.  My desktop is very close to 7GB outside of
/home, and I don't even have any of the typical large stuff in /var
(mail/news spools, web caches, etc).

If you're going to have a maximal setting of 1000GB for /home, I would
recommend at least 100GB for /, and would suggest at least 5GB for
typical.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer