Re: Partitioning schemes for partman-auto

Hi!

So far we have two usefull partitioning schemes.  Please review the
numbers and the names of the schemes (the names will be shown to the
users in a menu).

Name: All files in one partition (recommended for new users)

       Minimal Typical Maximal
/      1000Mb  10Gb    9999Gb
swap   64Mb    512Mb   512Mb

Name: Separate home directories (future installations can preserve users data)

       Minimal Typical Maximal
/      300Mb   3Gb     7Gb
/home  100Mb   10Gb    1000Gb
swap   64Mb    400%    512Mb

I was thinking also for a partitioning scheme that tries to follow the
recommendations in "Securing Debian Manual", but as Falk Hueffner
pointed, more advanced partitioning schemes are used by people who do
this stuff manually.

Anton Zinoviev