Re: Install Sarge on a diskless workstation ?

Hi Joey,

* Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2004-03-03 20:30]:
| Shouldn't be necessary, I can add a nfs-modules udeb easily with nfs.o
| on it. However, you would have to make sure that the initrd of the
| installer system knew how to use nfs as the root filesystem.

are there any plans to support nfs as an installation source? If so we
need the nfs module anyway. So I guess it's a good idea to include it in
the installer.

The initrd of the "installer" or the "installed" system? I guess only
the installed system needs to know anything about nfs as root
filesystem.

Bye
Thorsten

--