Re: Install fails: can't find kernel module for via-rhine Ethernet

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 08:44, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 12:52:56AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sarge_d-i/i386/current/
> > (I downloaded today's build: Mar. 2 2004)
Forgot to mention: I used sarge-i386-netinst.iso.

> Did you let Debian-Installer run cdrom-detect?
> Failed the loading of network drivers again after retrieving udebs?

This is what happens during an Expert install:
- Choose language, Choose country, Select keyboard layout: OK
- Detect and mount CD-ROM
  . via-rhine is shown in list of modules to load (with [*] in front)
  . Message: unable to load some modules; not available (use driver floppy)
             missing modules: via-rhine
  . Message: CD-ROM detected
- Load installation components from CD
- Detect Network hardware
  . Message: unable to load some modules; not available (use driver floppy)
             missing modules: via-rhine, ide-scsi

> > Output from lspci:
> <snip/>
> > 00:0e.0 Network controller: Eicon Technology Corporation: Unknown device
> > e005 (rev 01)
> > 00:0f.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. Ethernet Controller
> > (rev 43)
>
> Please also provide the IDs for those cards
>  ( lspci -n | grep 0200 )
(Note: output from lspci obtained from my current Woody installation)
Eicon is an ISDN card:
00:0e.0 Class 0280: 1133:e005 (rev 01)
This is my Ethernet card (D-Link DFE-530TX)
00:0f.0 Class 0200: 1106:3065 (rev 43)

The D-Link Ethernet card was detected and installed without problem with
Beta-2 (as via-rhine).

Thanks