Re: Install report: kernel-image*.deb is missing

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Eric Bus wrote:

> I used apt-get to install kernel-image-2.4.24-1-686. When you get the
> LILO (or GRUB) configuration screen, press ALT-F2, Enter (which will
> give you an linux prompt). Type 'apt-get install
> kernel-image-2.4.24-1-686' (or change 686 to another arch if you're
> using a pre-PentiumIII machine). It should download and install the kernel.
Uhmm - that's a nice feature which I did not expected.  I've thought
I would have to do some magic because the installation goes to /target
and thus I downloaded a kernel-image package and tried manual installation
which failed. :-(

> Now return to the installer by pressing ALT-F1. You should still see the
> LILO (or GRUB) configuration window. Press enter to accept the default
> (if that's ok for you, but for many people it is) and it should install
> LILO. You can see the progress on the screen when pressing ALT-F3.
OK, I'll keep this information for the next installation - for the
moment I switched to an old woody install cd and upgraded ...

> Btw, LI (and no LO) problems most often occur when you 'change' the
> kernel without updating LILO.
Sure - but there was nothing to change ...

Kind regards

           Andreas.