Re: Install report: kernel-image*.deb is missing

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Eric Bus wrote:

> I have the same problem with d-i images from 20040131 and up. But I can
> install the kernel from tty2. I have no idea why it skips it during
> base-system-installation.
Well - I trried that as well but  I'm not clever enough to do it without
dpkg-.  I tried to "ar x" a manually grabbed kernel-package and untared
it but I was nnot able to boot from this partition.  Moreover I tried
to copy a knoppix kernel but it failed as well.  While fiddling around
I noticed that the businesscard iso does not work as Rescue Disc.  I hope
that this feature will not be left out inn general.

Do you have any step by step workaround to get a working kernel?

Kind regards

            Andreas.

PS: Please CC me.