From: Matt Zimmerman [mailto:mdz@alcor.net] On Behalf Of Matt Zimmerman
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 11:49 AM
To: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-s390@lists.debian.org; David Boyes; Adam Thornton;
flint@flint.com; Stefan Gybas; Gerhard Tonn; Frank Kirschner; Martin
Michlmayr
Subject: s390 installation support in Debian 'sarge'

s390 fans:

As you can see from the attached debian-installer status report, s390 is one
of a minority of Debian architectures which are currently not supported by
debian-installer.  Part of the reason for this is that access to create and
reboot Linux/390 guests (as would be needed for installation testing) is
hard to come by for most Debian developers.  Without access to a development
platform, it is unlikely that we will be able to support installation of
Debian on s390 in the Debian 'sarge' release.

I would like to ask that if any of you are in a position to provide Debian
developers with access to such a system, and are willing to do so, please
contact either the installer development mailing list
(debian-boot@lists.debian.org) or myself if you would prefer private mail
(mdz@debian.org) to work out the details.

Feel free to forward this message to anyone else who might be in a position
to help.

--
 - mdz