Re: Problems preseeding static ip with netcfg

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 12:17:35PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 05:46:08PM +0300, mlt@iab.ac.ru wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have tried to preseed netcfg with static ip configuration
> > while installing from cdrom with daily build of d-i with 2.6 kernel.
>
> (CDROM and preseeding is strange combination to me)
> How did you provide the preseed information?

I want a small CD with few custom packages, which installs silently.
I have appended preseed/file=/cdrom/preseed in isolinux.cfg .
> > An excerpt from my preseed file:
> > d-i     anna/choose_modules     multiselect     baseconfig-udeb: Run base-config from within debian-installer, netcfg-static: Configure a static network
>
> (strange syntax to me)
> What are you doing there?

As I understood I am to load udeb with netcfg-static to setup network configuration manually. With that line I just select additional d-i components, namely, netcfg-static. One can install once manually and then see debconf-get-selections --installer results. I got it from there.
But for me it even would be better if I could skip network configuration during installation at all.. neither dhcp, nor static.

btw It was said that there is a bug #282650 about incorrect preseeding gateway.

--
Mikhail L. Titov