Does preseed/file work or did I something wrong?

Hey,

on Saturday (build 20041018), I tried to load a preseed.cfg from floppy
with d-i sarge netinstall:

 "linux preseed/file=/floppy/preseed.cfg"

the preseed.cfg itself contained two options pasted from the examples
I found in the manual.

The installer could not load the file, it "may be corrupt". It was
existing and readable on floppy. Floppy was mounted, too.

In another try, I gave "/tmp/preseed.cfg" as file, booted, mounted the
floppy and copied the file to /tmp/ and re-tried to load it from main
menu. It failed too.

Did I do anything wrong, or is preseed/file broken atm?

dennis