Re: trying to create a custom sarge isntaller

Joey Hess wrote:
Daniel Dickinson wrote:

What am I doing wrong, if anything.  If this is what it looks like,
which is that rc2 in svn is not the rc2 that was released, this is not
good from a version control perpective.

It is the rc2 that was released, but the debs in testing have changed in
the meantime.

Would this be true even though I'm using the packages directory from the
svn (including the kernel) tagged for rc2?  I thought that the whole kit
and kaboodle was in svn, not just the installer source.

I decided to try building rc2 because the sarge branch as of the 18th is
giving me trouble ('unable to find partitionable media' on a drive that
I can mount from the shell, and I can't fdisk because it's not
included).  Any thoughts on what's going on there?

Probably a kernel version mismatch.

Hrmph.  I build d-i from svn sources to avoid this type of problem.  If
subversion isn't keeping a snapshot of d-i, including udebs, I'm not
sure what to do about making sure I get a working version.