Re: debian installer, uml, kernel 2.6

Hello,

I have gotten the sources via bk, applied them to the debian
kernel-source-2.4.27 package, and build a package with it. I need to patch
kernel-package for it to work, but i tried building the kernel already like
that.

Mmm, just discovered that you have to go looking into arch/ppc/appleboot, and
not the arch/ppc/boot/images, for the images. What is the name of the target
image file there ? I suppose that you need to use either : zvmlinux or
miboot.image ? What about the piggyback tool ? Is it used to include the
initrd in the kenrel ?

Mmm, i just found out about : "Mach Kernel", this is probably the one we want.

BTW, what about miboot ? Can miboot or bootx be used to boot nubus kernel ?
The sourceforge project home page seem to say so, did you have any experience
with this kind of stuff ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther