Re: Install troubles at school.

 --- "n.v.t n.v.t" <joefso@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I downloaded one of the devel/debian-installer iso
> images.
> I have the following issues after the instalation is
> finished,(the second
> boot). the installler (base-config iguess) is asking
> me for a apt proxy, i'm
> entering the information 172.x.x.x : 3128 . Now apt
> is apt to do  apt-get
> update ; but when dist-upgrade or upgrading it fails
> to recieve the package,
> what to do?

I have to download via http, not ftp. I assume you are
using http too? I think the syntax for setup is
apt-setup. Make sure you try the http settings in case
your ftp is blocked.

> i'm not verry fund of these things, so I'm going to
> try to make it as clear
> as possible. The default operating system at my
> school is running microsoft
> windows 2000. After we installed it all we have to
> do is define proxy
> settings in explorer, and the internet works for us.
> 172.x.x.x:3128 and
> voila internet is availble.

Internet Explorer obviously is using http, so I hope
this helps!

--
Matt Johnson

How much mail storage do you get for free? Yahoo! Mail
gives you 250MB! Get Yahoo! Mail http://uk.mail.yahoo.com