Re: D-I Manual on official Debian website

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 01:10:38PM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 08:02:24PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:

> > I guess the final location, version and updates of the manual (and release
> > notes) on the Debian website should be discussed.

> For the release notes, all preparations are finished, so there is
> nothing left to do by the webmasters.
> For the installation manual, there are still the same questions
> remaining I brought up some months ago on d-boot (I can search the mail
> in the archives, if you want, but it's probably unecessary):

> 1) AFAIK the install-manual can't be build with the tools available
> in woody, only on sarge (and sid, of course). So the most important
> question is: Can we arrange for the manual to be build on klecker
> or do we need to build it somewhere else and then rsync it to klecker?
> (klecker = www-master). Some time after the release the problem will
> vanish of course.

> 2) The current installmanual for woody uses the layout
> (which would require some changes in build.sh, AFAICS).

but really stinks when you're trying to have a look at a version of the
manual for a language other than your browser's preferred language, because
all the links get pointed back to URLs that go through content negotiation.
:-)

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer