Re: bug in Sarge Debian Installer

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 01:26:25PM +0100, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> søn, 12 12 2004 kl. 13:12 +0100, skrev Geert Stappers:

$ cd /usr/src/conglomerate
stappers@bahrain:/usr/src/conglomerate
$ grep -R mir@miras.org .
Binary file
./debian/conglomerate-common/usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/conglomerate.mo
matches
./po/da.po:"Last-Translator: Michael Rasmussen <mir@miras.org>\n"
Binary file ./po/da.gmo matches
stappers@bahrain:/usr/src/conglomerate
$

I knew the name was familiar to me  :-)

> > What is the color of the blank screen?    (black? blue? other?)
> Black.
Acknowledge

> > What is the last text you have seen?
> >
> The last text seen is PXE boot's notification that it loads initrd. When
> changing the PXE boot to use the onboard net interface the kernel starts
> kernel never starts loading.
Acknowledge

> > Hard to tell.
> > You are very terse with your information.
> > Provide us with more details.
> What information is needed? Motherboard, net devices etc. The installer
> never starts so it is hard to now what goes wrong.

I agree on that, so the Subject of the thread is wrong.

Networkbooting works for debian-installer, even on x86.

It should also work for you.

Make sure that the network boot setup on the install client
and the kernel that you use can work together.

Rereading:
> The last text seen is PXE boot's notification that it loads initrd. When
> changing the PXE boot to use the onboard net interface the kernel starts
> kernel never starts loading.

I think reading the fantastic manual will help, if not
ask smart questions at the mailinglist.

Cheers
Geert Stappers