Re: bug in Sarge Debian Installer

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 11:37:57AM +0100, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi all,
Hello Michael,

> I have discovered a bug in the new Debian Installer. The bug is when
> using PXE boot install and having an onboard network interface in the
> computer and a second (pci-)network interface. When you want to install
> via pxe boot on the added network interface, that is not the onboard,
> all goes fine until the point where the fetch kernel should load. At
> this point the computer simple hangs with a blank screen as a result.
> Disabling the onboard controller does not solve the problem.

What is the color of the blank screen?    (black? blue? other?)
What is the last text you have seen?

> Has this problem been reported by others?

Hard to tell.
You are very terse with your information.
Provide us with more details.

And there is the Debian Bug Tracking System ( BTS )
See http://bugs.debian.org/ for more information.

Cheers
Geert Stappers