Re: How to select packages for a task in tasksel?

Carlos Liu wrote:
> I'm planning to update the Chinese related tasks in tasksel for the
> new sarge release. Because there wasn't a standard for selecting
> packages, I have to ask you some questions.
>
> 1. After check other tasks, I think chinese-? is used for the most
>    basic Chinese environment (such as, only in console). And,
>    chinese-?-desktop should give user a full localised desktop in X
>    environment. Is it right?

That's right. The -desktop language tasks are only selected if the user
chooses the desktop tasks. The other language tasks are resonsible for
installing anything else you might reasonably expect to have to use
debian in a given language.

> 2. There are several Chinese related packages for TeX. But, TeX isn't
>    an important part for desktop nowadays.  Should I include them in
>    chinese-?-desktop?

Since tex is not part of the base system or a task anymore, I think you
should leave it out.

> 3. Can I include non-free and contrib packages in the task?

Yes, but they will be ignored.

--
see shy jo