Debian on iSeries (Power5 CPU)

I have a customer who wants assistance installing SuSe on a partition of his
I5.  I will help him of course but I would much rather install Debian.  The
particular server is the I5 model 520 which you can read about at

Is any work being done to support this architecture right now?  I see iSeries
listed on the debian-installers ports status page as "Unavailable", what
would it take to make it available?

Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/