Re: repository branched for sarge

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):
> I've added a branch for sarge in the d-i repository, based on the
> current trunk. The uri is: svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/branches/d-i/sarge
> Changes to fix rc2 errata-type problems should be made there as well as
> in trunk, and for now it seems best to upload them to unstable and talk
> to me about getting them into testing.

I strongly ask to all D-I developers to avoid string changes in the
sarge branch. Please talk to me before doing so as this will need
special care for handling translation updates.

The i18n/l10n team needs to organize stuff for handling the
branching :

-I need to setup l10n-sync for running on each branch
-Dennis needs to setup a statistics infrastructure for the sarge
 branch

So, the best, IMHO, is currently considering that the sarge branch is
still under a deep string freeze.

I have mailed the translators about the branching (some do not follow
-boot) but several of them may be confused by the branching, so please
be kind with them.